**Please Note: Our Volunteer Program is currently under construction. We are not accepting general volunteer applications at this time. The volunteer opportunities will be posted here and on the Fredericksburg SPCA Website as they become available. Follow the shelter on Facebook and you can see where we need help!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Fredericksburg Regional SPCA! We are an organization that relies heavily upon the generosity and hard work of our volunteers and we appreciate each and every one of them!
What are the requirements to volunteer?
- Must be 16 years of age
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must commit to treat all animals and people with respect and kindness
Please note that are no volunteer opportunities in the shelter for those that are under the age of 16.
If you would like project/fundraising ideas that children can do at home to help the dogs and cats in our shelter, please call 898-1500 x304.
We do not participate in court ordered community service.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Cat socialization and enrichment
- Dog enrichment, training, and exercise
- Dog playgroup assistant
- Shelter greeter
- Administrative assistant
- Adoption/intake counselor
- Telephone assistant
- Humane educator – conduct tours, attend events and more!
How to begin your volunteer opportunity:
1. Fill out our volunteer application
2. You will receive a phone call from the volunteer coordinator or a volunteer assistant to schedule an orientation
At the orientation session you will be scheduled for your initial training session (to be explained during orientation).