Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Fredericksburg Regional SPCA! We are an organization that relies heavily upon the generosity and hard work of our volunteers and we appreciate each and every one of them!
You must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer and there are some limitations for individuals under 18 years of age wanting to work in the dog areas. Please note, that we do not have any positions available in the shelter for those that are under the age of 16. For information on what children can do to help the animals at the SPCA, please call 898-1500 x304. We do not participate in court ordered community service.
Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Dog Socialization & Enrichment
- Dog Area Cleaning
- Walking Buddies program
- Cat Socialization & Enrichment
- Cat Area Cleaning
- Offsite Adoption Events
- Offsite Fundraising Events
- Grounds Maintenance
- Housekeeping (Laundry, dishes, etc.)
- Foster Program
- Recycling Transport/Program
How to begin your volunteer opportunity:
1. Fill out our volunteer application:
2. You will receive a phone call from the volunteer coordinator or a volunteer assistant to schedule an orientation
At the orientation session you will be scheduled for your initial training session (to be explained during orientation).