The Fredericksburg Regional SPCA Pet Pantry offers temporary assistance to help pet parents feed their beloved animals in times of financial hardship. The pantry does NOT provide food for anyone breeding, selling, or flipping animals and reserves the right to refuse anyone under any circumstances. Below you will find some general guidelines, however every request is reviewed individually. The pantry will provide food for up to six pets per household.
Requirements and Eligibility to Receive Pantry Donations:
- Proof of unemployment, medicaid, food stamps, income status, or disability with some form of ID
- Recipients must be 18 years or older
- Pets in household must be for companionship and not for breeding, protection, or illegal activity
- All pets in program MUST be spayed or neutered and vaccinated against rabies. The Fredericksburg SPCA can provide assistance if needed. Proof must be provided
- Pets must be maintained in a healthy, clean, and temperature controlled living environment
- All pet food supplies are donated and we may not have the exact brand your pet is used to, which may cause upset stomach
- Agree not to hold Fredericksburg Regional SPCA Pantry, its volunteers, staff, and benefactors legally liable in the unfortunate event your pet(s) become ill or is the food upsets your pet(s) stomach
- Agree NOT to resell, redistribute, or attempt to return to a store any food or care items received from SPCA’s Pantry
- We will do the best we can to accommodate special requests, but we are only able to give what is available to us at the time
Should you violate any of the above requirements, the SPCA Pantry will terminate assistance immediately without notice. To apply for assistance, please fill out the application below:
Open Your Heart And Home And Adopt A Furry Friend Today!
First Time Adopting? Learn About Our Process.