Community Medical Center
The Fredericksburg Community Medical Center, located at 10819 Courthouse Rd, will be open to the public on October 2nd, by appointment only at the days and times listed below.
Appointments will be scheduled online only.
**NOTE: We are currently only offering spay/neuter appointments until further notice, with the exception of Wellness/Sick exams every Thursday. We will be offering our first Vaccine Clinic on November 3rd. Vaccines and FeLV/FIV/HW testing are available to surgical patients as well. More services will be available soon. You will receive pre-operative and post-operative instructions prior to your scheduled appointment **
SCHEDULE YOUR WELLNESS/SICK EXAM HERE
**Wellness/Sick Exams only offered Thursdays**
Tuesday – 8AM. – 4:00PM
Wednesday – 8AM – 4:00PM
Thursday – 8AM- 4:00PM **Wellness/Sick Appointments**
Friday – 8AM – 4:00PM
Surgical patient drop-off is at 8:00AM.
Pick-up time is 3:00PM to 4:00PM
Any pets not picked up by 4:00PM will be charged an overnight boarding charge of $20.00
10819 Courthouse Rd, Fredericksburg, VA
- Canine Spay $130
- Canine Neuter $85
- Feline Spay $60
- Community Cat Package (includes Rabies vaccine & ear tip): $30 *See below for requirements
- Feline Neuter $40
*Pyometra, Early Pregnancy, Fractious behavior, and Cryptorchid $20
- Dental : $200 (Cleaning and polish. All dentals need to be scheduled as an exam. Possible extractions etc will be discussed at that time. Procedure will be scheduled for a date after the exam
- Rabies 1yr/3yr: $10/$15
- Bordetella: $10
- DAPP 1yr/3yr: $10/$15
- FVRCP 1yr/3yr: $10/$15
- Deworm: $10
- Flea/Tick 1 month: $10
- HW 1 month: $10
- FIV/FELV Test: $20
- HW Test: $20
- Wellness Exam: $15
- Sick Exam: $25
- Bloodwork/CBC: $50
- Urinalysis: $40
- Fecal: $15
- Ear Cytology: $30
- Skin scrape: $20
- Microchip: $25
Surgical Requirements and Recommendations
- Animals must be at least three-months-old and weigh at least three pounds. (rescue partners and shelter animals are 2 lbs and 2 months)
- For their own protection against contagious diseases, we recommend all dogs and cats to be current on vaccinations based on their age, prior to scheduling a surgical appointment. Rabies vaccines are required for pets 4 months and older. If your animal is not up to date on vaccinations, they will be given at the time of their surgery for $10.00 each. Vaccination does not provide immediate immunity.
- All dogs must be leashed and all cats must be in a secure, enclosed carrier prior to entering the Center.
- Canine weight limit: 80lbs.
- Age max of 7 years old for owned animals
- All surgical patients must be otherwise healthy
- All animals will receive a physical exam by the veterinarian the morning of surgery to ensure they are a good surgical candidate.
Stray and Feral Cats
The FredSPCA provides supportive medical services for community cats in the Rappahannock Region. The Community Cat Package seeks to keep these cats happy and healthy, while reducing overpopulation through spaying and neutering.
*All cats MUST arrive in a metal box trap, covered with a towel or blanket and the bottom lined with newspaper. For the cat’s safety, as well as the safety of you and our staff, we do not accept cats for Community Cat Package services in carriers. Special circumstances must be discussed with Medical staff prior to arrival at the center.
Reducing Pet Overpopulation
Spay and neuter services play an important role in reducing pet overpopulation in the communities they serve. The FredSPCA partners with other shelters and rescues to support them in their mission to reach 100 percent pre-adoption spay and neuter for all of their animals heading into forever homes.
We Need Your Support
Help us end the overpopulation problem by supporting the work of our Fredericksburg Medical Center. A gift of $100 will prevent one cat from adding to the thousands of strays and ferals in our community. $150 will end the cycle of backyard breeding for one dog. Please visit our donation page to help us move forward in our mission to stem the tide of homeless animals.