We love animals here at the SPCA. That’s a given. So when it comes to dining options, we try to choose cruelty-free whenever possible. We thought we would highlight some of the great vegan and vegetarian options around town to help all of our supporters eat animal-friendly as well!
1. Kickshaws Downtown Market – 101 William Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Kickshaws is committed to bringing the best natural and local products to the Fredericksburg area as well as being accountable for how those products were produced and what they contain. If you walk into Kickshaws, you can ask any staff member about the details of a product that they carry and they will know where it was produced, how and what was used in its processing. They have an amazing bakery and most of their baked goods are vegan! Cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes, you name it…delicious AND cruelty free!
2. Creative Juices – 915 Lafayette Boulevard, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Creative Juices is the only authentic raw and living foods juice bar and café in downtown historic Fredericksburg and the surrounding area. They offer high quality beverages and foods that are 70% or more organic and often locally sourced. Stop by and try a fantastically delicious vegan and/or raw smoothie or juice TODAY!
3. Legume – 715 Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Coming soon! The demand for vegan and vegetarian fare in the Fredericksburg region is growing bigger everyday. To meet this demand, local restaurateurs are opening Legume, a primarily vegetarian eatery! Set to open in early September, we couldn’t be more excited about having more animal-friendly spots in the area to enjoy!
Know a great animal-friendly spot we missed? Comment below!